Wednesday, September 14, 2011

C.S.A. Week 15

Brrrrrrrr.....

Don't worry about the cold we never stop at Bass Farms!

This week's C.S.A is quite plentiful. The fall veggie's are really coming soon this year.

Items:

Eggplant....

Once Again we have prevailed with another week of excellent eggplant. We have been so blessed this year by having such an abundant & clean crop of eggplant.

Acorn Squash......

Excellent Brenna cooked me one for dinner tonight. Although I don't know whether I ate more squash or brown sugar. I love them both I guess.

Butternut Squash......

They are large & excellent in taste & quality.

Brussel Sprouts.....

The sprouts this year have been exceptional. They will get better every week, too they love this cold weather.

Cucumbers.....

I think it is safe to say that you all have had enough cucumbers this year, SO I gladly announce we picked the last of them this week. My back is so great-ful. They are in your box for tomorrow.

Beans.......

The beans only gave us four pickings this year but we should be great-ful that the plants produced this much. The weather conditions this year were not great for beans. This week each member will receive 1.5 pounds of beans. They really came through for us one last time. When you drive in you will see they are not on the hill anymore where they were.

Pie Pumpkin.......

You can either cook with this or decorate with it. I will tell you a tip to make your pumpkin last longer. Cover the pumpkin in a coat of clear painters shellac, this seals the pumpkin from moisture. Most importantly it makes the pumpkin shine like no other. Also pumpkins last longer sitting in your grass then they do on your concrete porch.

Hab's.....

Always on rack help yourself.

Herbs...

They are quite abundant in the bed, please indulge in them.

I hope you enjoy this weeks box just as much as I have enjoyed picking & packing it for you.

Thz chris

P.S. Members also have asked how long we are going to run the C.S.A this season. After talking it over with Martin & Ben and analyzing our field's we feel confident we can run successfully to week 18. So stay tuned because Ben is planning a C.S.A. potluck & I am really excited to hear how everyone utilized their produce this year. I strongly encourage everyone to come!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...