Monday, May 2, 2011

Update On The Farm!!

We opened up for business on Sunday and that went great.  We are now open Tues-Sun. Closed Monday.  Right now you can buy local honey and our jams. PLEASE DO. It helps us when we have no produce to sell. Now to the good stuff. The weather, has cleared finally and we have been extremely busy. All the potatoes, onions, kohlrabi, and cabbage are in the ground growing— ooh yeah Brussels. We are busy planting all day and will be for the next few days. We have at least three acres of produce growing already.  It is pretty intense this time of year, and I love it. Watching life happen before your eyes is amazing, I can't even describe the feeling it is so rewarding.
We planted all of the cold crops on the back side of the farm, opposite from last year. So far, planting has been a success with no major hick-ups. Our potato planter did not arrive in time this year, so I had the honor of planting potatoes & onions through my neighbor's modified 1900's planter. Modified, of course, to be pulled by a tractor not a horse. I have pictures that will come soon.  I started all of the cabbage inside my house in February, with shop-lights.  Later I moved the plants to the green house.  The plants turned out beautifully.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...