Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Farm Update: C.S.A. Members

Hello,

Summer plants are almost totally in the ground. Today we planted 4000+ plants! Loads of peppers. Our 2nd grouping of kale and Our second grouping of Kohlrabi and third and fourth group of lettuce's. The farm has so much life on it right now. Everything is growing excellent. Sunday I hooked up the irrigation and watered. It has been a little dry. This is a great feature that we have on the farm because we are able to water if it decides not to rain. So we could have lots of veggies in a dry condition. Also our first batch of spring greens are growing like crazy. They are huge! Check out the photo's on face-book. I cultivated the potato plants again today. The potato plants are doing excellent and so far I have not seen to many beetles on them. I can't wait to try out the "new" digger the farm has purchased. It should make digging them a breeze. I also want to thank all of the members that were able to come to the orientation. I hope you all had a good time.

Thz Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...