Sunday, July 10, 2011

C.S.A. Week 6

This week we will have a lot of Zuc's so enjoy. I know this because I just started picking after all this humidity, picked about thirty bushel boxes full to the brim. 5-6+ per box so enjoy. Also they are excellent in size and quality very uniform. Their will be a summer Squash in your box this week too, they are just coming in. Summer Squash are one of my favorite vegetables. I hope everyone is starting to feel the swings of nature and how they effect our local vegetables. This heat is great for growing although to much can stress a plant. Also you will see the racks outside fill up with my vegetables so please enjoy these if you need extra's, remember we are on an honor system. I will take two boxes of extra zuc's to Coop's Office this week as well. Their will be one to two cabbage this week in the box. More new potatoes, the cool thing is they get bigger every week. You will see this in your box because we dig them weekly. I am sure other things as well. Will continue. In my last blog I mentioned my dad came into town this weekend. It was great we got a lot of stuff done on the farm. Sometimes on the farm with weather and life and all of the other things that a farm can present to you tasks get put on the back burner. So this weekend I FINALLY FINISHED the herb bed. This is for C.S.A. members, So I hope you enjoy it. Their is at-least fifteen different kinds. Help yourself as they grow into big healthy plants.
It was quite a process of fabrics and dirt. Then we covered it with mulch. I am so happy with the results of the bed.

On the Radar for Veggies:
Cucumber- Burpless & a Slicing Cuc
Tomatillo
Peppers- Habanero, Jalapeno, Banana, green
More green onions

Thz Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...