Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, whether red or orange or yellow or a combination, stemmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt, plus more to taste
1. To make the roasted cherry tomatoes, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven.
2. Slice the tomatoes in half and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar or maple syrup, and a scant 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour the mixture over the tomatoes and gently toss until well coated. Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer, cut-side up, and roast, without stirring, until the tomatoes shrink a bit and start to caramelize around the edges, 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Nibble the roasted cherry tomatoes straight off the baking sheet. Or, if you aren’t using them immediately, let them cool and then scrape them into a clean glass jar along with any olive oil that was left in the baking dish or sheet. Sometimes I top off the jar with an added splash of olive oil. The tomatoes will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.