Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How Do I Personally Prepare Veggies:

Each week I will post recipe suggestions. These recipes are great, but don't be afraid to experiment a little bit in the Kitchen. As a gardener people always ask me how I prepare my veggies, So I guess I will tell you a little bit each week.

Kohlrabi:

I personally love kohlrabi and prefer to eat it raw with a little bit of salt & pepper! Although they are great on the grill. I cut them longways like a potato and sear them on each side until they have the consistency of a potato. They are also great in an aluminum foil boat on the grill. Place sliced kohlrabi in foil with other veggies, spices, oils, butter. Cook on low until tender. These are some of the ways I like to prepare kohlrabi. People don't usually believe me when I say this but the Kohlrabi used to only be eaten by Noblemen! It is extremely healthy and a wonderful addition to any persons diet. The leaves are also edible! Not my favorite, but some people like them.

Green Onions:

These are also a favorite of mine. I personally like to dice them up and cook them with scrambled eggs in the morning. This is always good. The green onions that  are in the C.S.A. are gourmet in quality. To store them I dice them up as soon I get them, and then store in a ziplock bag in the crisper!

Hope This Helps

Thz Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...