Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cauliflower Info:

This food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium and Manganese.


This is a great vegetable and it is amazing to see it grow. One of my favorites to watch. I would like to remind everyone to properly clean your cauliflower and broccoli. As you know we don't use any pesticides on the farm. So occasionally their is a tiny bug on the broc. florets and the cauliflower. I clean mine first by soaking them in the sink in luke warm water with a touch of salt for maybe ten minutes or so. This seems to draw out any bugs and cleans the produce. Once I take it out of the sink, I simply just wash it with cold water and then enjoy.


Happy Eating This Week,


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...